Skip’s commissioned research projects have included:
- Documentary and photo research on the history of Washington’s Lafayette Opera House/Shubert-Belasco Theater, 1895-1964. (2017-2018)
- Archival photo and document research related to the early history of the American Hospital in Paris, 1914-1917. (2016)
- Archival research on Washington, DC, social history 1850-1870, with a special focus on Lafayette Square. (2016)
- Archival photo research and image scanning and editing to illustrate a 20th century American biography (2016).
- The social and political history of the Turkish ambassador’s residence in Washington, DC. (2011-2013).
- A historical and cultural analysis of the Larz Anderson Park in Brookline, Massachusetts, including development of a walking tour and docent manual (2012-2013).
- Research in the Smithsonian Institution Archives for a new biography of S. Dillon Ripley, secretary of the Smithsonian from 1964–1984
- Biographical research on the commissioners and architects of historic homes in and around Washington, DC (2010-2014).